NLP Sports (we) are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our sports course participants and their parents/guardians (collectively, you).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is NLP Sports.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in application forms and/or forms on our websites (our sites). This includes information provided at the time of applying for a place on any course, or registering to use our site, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information on the telephone or if you report a problem with our site;
- We take photographs and videos of the children participating in our courses, to which you have consented as part of the application and booking process;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out with us either through our site, by telephone or by post and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process the booking of the course that you have made either online, by telephone or by post;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information regarding services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and/or
- To notify you about changes to any course we are running or other aspects of our service.
Any photographs and/or videos of the children participating in our courses will be used solely for the production of promotional materials in printed or electronic form, including websites, multimedia productions, course leaflets, prospectuses, advertisements and by our sponsors for the same promotional and marketing purposes.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone or email.
Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com.
If you do not want us to use the images of your children in this way please notify us in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will normally store the information we collect on the booking forms for no longer than 5 years. We will usually store photographs and video securely for no longer than 5 years, however such images may be selected for inclusion in our archive and be retained indefinitely.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If NLP Sports or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data or the personal data of your children for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting such data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, sponsors and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.